7 Reasons to Buy a Sofa Bed
Sofa beds, or sleeper sofas as some may call them, receive a lot of flak in the furniture world. But just because they don’t work for everyone doesn’t mean they don’t work for anyone. A sleeper sofa can be a great piece of furniture to have in your home because it is so versatile. Here are seven reasons to consider buying a sofa bed.
1. A sleeper sofa functions as two pieces of furniture – a couch and a bed. If you live in a small space or want an area to be multi-functional, a sofa bed can be a great option. Have a comfortable place for guests to sit while entertaining and a place to sleep when they decide to spend the night. It’s a win for everyone.
2. Sofa sleepers are major space savers. If you live in a small studio or one bedroom apartment, a sofa sleeper can be the perfect option for you to have your own bed, but also entertain friends without the worry of them having a place to sit. Just fold the springs back up and set the cushions in their place. Toss some throw pillows in the corners and no one will know otherwise.
3. They come in sectionals and loveseats. You’re not just stuck with a plain couch when choosing a sofa bed. There are all kinds of options! A sectional sleeper sofa gives ample seating and a queen size bed to sleep on. Loveseat sleepers offer twin-size bed accommodations, and standard couches typically have full-size beds inside.
4. Sofa beds save money. You may pay a little more for a sofa bed than you would for a singular bed or couch, but you definitely won’t pay more than you would for those two pieces separately. Because you’re purchasing two items in one, you shave off costs. Plus, having a sofa bed means you can have a one bedroom home rather than a two bedroom. Your living room becomes your guest room. The price of your rent/mortgage is going to drop, all because you chose to buy a sleeper sofa!
5. Sleeper sofas are better than futons. If you often have guests looking for a place to stay the night, what would you rather them sleep on? A futon or sofa bed? We think we know the answer.
6. Sofa beds are hassle-free. What is the maintenance of a sofa bed? To prep the bed for use, simply remove the cushion and pull up on the spring mattress. Sheets and a light blanket can be left on the mattress, so the bed is near ready when you set it up.
7. Sofa beds are easier to move than traditional beds. First, you have one piece to move, rather than several different pieces of furniture. Pushing a queen sleeper sofa around is sure to be simpler than a queen-sized bed, especially if you have sliders underneath. You’ll never have to call in backup when you want to rearrange your furniture.
With the minimalist lifestyle trending, purchasing a new sleeper sofa is a smart move. Their functionality is versatile and their styling smart. You can’t deny the statement one would make in your home. Plus, the comfort and reliability factors of sofa sleepers have come a long way since the 80’s. Check out our online furniture store to find a sofa bed that works for you!
Types of Sofas and Couches
Sofas and couches are available in a wide variety of styles and materials.
- Leather Sofas beam with sophistication and style. But beyond aesthetics, this furniture is durable, easy to clean and truly worth the investment.
- Faux Leather Sofas are resistant to fade, cracking and low-maintenance; this furniture is a great substitute for leather, including lighter on the pockets. Also, for PETA advocates, the material is made without harm to animals.
- Fabric Sofas provide versatility and comfort without breaking the bank. With practically unlimited options, choose from a host of colors and styles.
- Polyester Sofas are derived from a synthetic fiber that can stand the test of time; they can endure daily use and sun exposure, all while keeping their shape and comfort.
- Microfiber Sofas can take on the resemblance of suede, velvet or cotton; and with a wide variety of patterns and colors, this sofa serves as a great option when looking for durability without compromising style.
- Velvet Sofas are an all time favorite, where comfort and luxury come together in the perfect blend. Choose this sofa for dressing up a room with splendid texture.
- Glider Sofas are like a rocking chair for more than one person, resting on a platform that swings back and forth; this style is perfect for outdoors.
- Power Recliner Sofas allow you to recline with a touch of a button. Powered by an electrical cord or battery back, these sofas can independently adjust into multiple positions, opposed to one singular motion in traditional recliners.
- Recliner Sofas vary in style, and are a classic piece of furniture that can be added to your favorite room for maximum relaxation and lounging.
- Rocker Sofas permit you to rock and recline. This multi-featured sofa offers the ultimate indulgence of tranquility and comfort.
- Contemporary Sofas grant you total access to 21st Century decor. For nontraditional styles and modernized furniture, this design displays cutting-edge style and flair.
- Traditional Sofas are timeless pieces that never go out of style. With ornate furnishings and signature looks, this furniture is perfect for formal living rooms and large bedrooms.
- Transitional Sofas flawlessly merge contemporary and traditional styles, and are an excellent addition to any room. Beyond its stylish appeal, these sofas are multi-functional, which includes sleeper sofas, futons and sofa bed design options.
- Rustic Sofas add a touch of western or country style decor to your home. Bring the wonderful world of nature inside with earthy tones and patterns.
- Cottage Sofas allow you to spruce up a patio or deck with colorful, cozy pieces that can be used both in and outdoors.