Waste & Decluttering
Photo by Flickr user Dave Goodman.
80. Recycle as much waste as you can – paper, plastic, glass, etc.
81. Recycle old batteries.
82. Recycle ink and toner cartridges.
83. Recycle old electronics.
84. Turn trash into craft projects.
85. Repurpose items whenever you can.
86. Snip plastic 6-pack rings.
87. Only put out full garbage bags.
88. Make use of sites like Freecycle or Craiglist when getting rid of unwanted items.
89. Donate to places like Salvation Army or Goodwill.
90. Donate old cell phones.
91. Host a yard sale.
92. Organize a clothing swap.
Photo by Flickr user Sharon Mollerus.
93. Have a gravel driveway.
94. Strategically plant shade trees around your home.
95. Sweep outside instead of using a hose.
96. Rake your yard instead of using a leaf blower.
97. Collect rainwater to water your houseplants, lawn, and garden.
98. Water your lawn and plants early in the morning when the air is cool to cut down on evaporation.
99. Use a watering can instead of a hose.
100. Plant native plants in your garden that require less fertilizer and pesticides.
101. Plant perennials instead of annuals.
102. Start a vegetable or herb garden.
103. Avoid using pesticides in your garden.
104. Pull weeds yourself or use a natural herbicide to get rid of them.
105. Don’t use bug spray to kill pests.
106. Put up a bird house to attract bug-eating birds.
107. Start a compost bin or compost pile in your backyard.
108. Don’t litter.
109. Pick up litter when you see it.
Want to receive more awesome content and sweet offers on appliances? Click here!