- Product Overview
DetailsThe #1553W is is a Petite WIDE Three-Way Reclining Lift Chair that is designed to accommodate a person 5'3" and under. The #1553W offers a three-way recline that extends to 60" when in the fully reclined position, however, it offers the extra seat width between the armrests, as it measures 24" between the armrests. The weight capacity on this model is 400 lbs. It features a lifetime warranty on the wooden frame, lift mechanism and reclining hardware with a four-year warranty on the remaining items. Battery back-up system is standard (but not available with certain upgrade options as listed in the option column).
Features:Protect Your Investment!
- This model features a button-tufted backrest with gently "rolled" armrests. The seat height measures 20" from the floor. Ottoman height from the floor when reclined is 22". The backrest measures 23"H from top of the seat. The tip of the ottoman to the back of the seat measures 36". Seat depth is 19.5". The front of the ottoman to the back of the seat is 36". Low volt Quiet Motor is standard.
- There is a magazine pocket on the lower outer right-hand side. Armrest and head cover are standard. Battery back-up system is standard. (Note: Battery back-up system is not available with 2, 4 or 6 Vib/Heat systems).
- The frame of the chair is all kiln-dried hardwood; and all stress points are kiln-dried oak. All joints are glued and connected with steel fasteners. Uni-construction of seat-back assembly is independently lab-tested for strength and durability. Gang nails are used at all other critical joints or stress points. All bolts used are top quality grade 5. All bolts go entirely through the wood. No lag screws are used to secure the mechanism. The mechanism is secured by special locking T-Nuts to ensure that the mechanism stays tight throughout the lifetime of the chair. All critical connection points for reclining hardware, etc., have a double locking nut, which is aircraft grade quality. All wood screws used are the best and strongest available in the marketplace. Corner blocks are used throughout the chair at all critical points for added strength. An extra rail is used across the top of the seat back to help keep the back straight and square.
- All seat springs used are 9 gauge Morley system no-sag springs that are tied together with tie wire to make every spring work together as a seat unit. Seat spring are correctly spaced on the spring rails by a special clip rail machine. The front seat rail on the frame is larger and thicker than most competitors', thus making it much stronger and durable. There is a retainer rail secured by steel brads on top of the seat springs to make sure that they do not come loose. The back springs used are 12 gauge, and these are also tied together with special tie wire for more comfort and endurance. To ensure that the seat springs do not cut into the bottom of the seat foam, a nova bond pad is used as well. The fiber used in the backs is a dustless, odorless, non-allergenic conjugated fiber.
- Acella-Flex foam, which was developed by Leggett & Platt is the only foam we use. It offers the closest thing to a "perfect seating configuration" that is available in the industry. Acella-Flex basically pushes back 1 pound for every pound of weight that is exerted against it. This characteristic makes the chairs, basically, sit the same for a person of 90 lbs. as for a person of 300 lbs. Acella-Flex will keep 99.9% of its original shape and size. Most conventional foam will shrink 10-15% in size over the first couple of years. Med-Lift uses a special break-in process before the foam is ever cut to make the foam feel good from the first use forward. As an added benefit to our foam, we also glue a layer of super soft on top of the Acella-Flex which gives a very nice feel to the seat, while still giving you the Acella-Flex base for strength and long life.
- The foundation of the chair is the lift base. After testing all the lift bases on the market today, we have determined that the Super Sagless lift base (made in the USA) is the best available. While more expensive, it will withstand constant use and abuse of a lift chair. A lift base must be as wide as the base of the chair. The Super Sagless base we use is the most stable base in the upright lifted position on the market today. This model features a Low Volt Quiet Motor.
- All fabrics used on all Med-Lift chairs meet both CAL 117 and UFAC requirements of flammability. We have an independent lab test our fabrics, foam and fibers once a year in order to ensure that they meet correct specifications. We cannot attach the UFAC tag or purchase the tags if our components do not pass the testing.
- This model is available in the Aaron fabric only as standard. The following fabrics are available at an additional charge: Bonded Leather III; Level 5 - Crypton Bella, Crypton Suede; Level 6 - Ultra. Other options available at an additional charge include: Customer's own fabric; Moveable Infrared Heat; Extra Magazine Pocket; Snap-on Head Pillow; 2 Vib/heat; 4 Vib/Heat; 6 Vib/Heat (must also purchase chaise pad); chaise pad. NOTE: Battery back-up not available with 2, 4 o 6 Vib/Heat upgrades. USB Port Remote Hand Control
Add a 5 Year Protection Plan
For - $69.99
Plan Includes Protection Plan Additional Year(s) Parts & Labor 30 Day Cancellation Unlimited Service Calls Electrical & Mechanical Repairs Accidental Damage Zero Deductible
* All dimensions and weights listed on this product are approximate. Please contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions and weights. MFG SKU Number 1553W--AAH Color Green Category Chairs Type Lift Chairs Weight 145 Local Product No Height 38 Depth 60 Width 35 Furniture Color Hunter Green Assembly Required No Room Living Room
- Shipping & Returns
Large Furniture Shipping InformationCurbside Delivery - FreeThis is our most basic level of delivery service. No bells and whistles, just the essentials. It includes:
Entryway Delivery - $49.99An added level of convenience, good for those with long driveways, lots of front stairs, or concerns about bad weather. This type of delivery includes the services listed above, plus:
- Online delivery tracking for most areas
- Unloading of your item from the truck by delivery professionals
White Glove Delivery - $99.99Let the professionals bring your items inside for you. This type of delivery includes the services listed above, plus:
- Moving your item into your entryway
- Unloading of your item from the truck by delivery professionals
**In some cases a shipping charge may need to be added (depending on your area), or shipping may not be available at all.Read our complete shipping and delivery policies to learn more.
- Moving your item into whatever room you choose
Returns Information30 DAY MONEY BACK, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Read our complete Returns & Exchanges policy to learn more.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your order, we will exchange it or refund the full purchase price, minus all shipping costs, within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers are responsible for covering all shipping costs unless the product is deemed damaged and noted at the time of delivery.
- We will not take returns of, or exchange products that are damaged, installed, assembled, or used after the customer has taken delivery.
- Please make sure the item you are returning or exchanging is still in the original box with all packing materials, manuals, and accessories included. Returning items is the sole responsibility of the customer. Items damaged upon return cannot be credited to the customer.
Your Package Includes:
Build Your Perfect Package!
- Covers parts and labor for 5 years
- 30 Day Cancellation: You can cancel your plan within 30 days of purchase and receive back 100% of the purchase price.
- Unlimited Service Calls
- Covers electrical and mechanical repairs
- Accidental Damage Protection
- Materials and workmanship defects