- Product Overview
The floating Water Unit is recommended for use in ponds, lakes, retention areas and any waterway where unwanted geese are a problem. It is satisfaction guaranteed and is maintenance and worry free; it won’t tip or be affected by the elements, and can stay in the water year-round. This floating unit features an amber 360-degree solar-powered LED light that flashes every two seconds, from dusk to dawn, year-round.
- The light is mounted on a base comprised of ¼ inch thick ABS black plastic that is configured completely in a one-piece design so there are no seams or points of weakness. It will never fade, crack, or need to be replaced.
- The base is specially designed to effectively displace water and maximize its stability, despite any strong winds and possible choppy waters. Boat hulls informed the shape and ratios of the base design; we have never had a report of one tipping over.
- 5 pounds of added ballast keeps the unit weighted and a built-in eyebolt is used to keep it localized when tethered to a cinder block. With a recommended 10 feet of slack in the line, the unit is able to float in a small circular area, when moved by wind or current. This movement adds an additional level of deterrence for the geese.
- Note that 5 pounds of ballast, cinder block and a tether rope are required for installation, but are not included.
The Water Unit’s light is scarcely noticeable to humans but is very disruptive to the sleep of the geese: it is directly at their eye level, and is annoying to their incredibly sensitive eyesight. Geese choose to sleep in locations that feel safe to them, in which they are free of threats from predators while they rest. The safety in the water is why they choose lakes, ponds and other waterways for sleep and/or rest at night. The light causes them to no longer feel secure at night in the water. Because geese prefer to sleep and eat in the same area, they will no longer find the adjacent grassy area attractive during the day either, and will leave to find another habitat, usually after just a few restless nights. To humans, this light is very dim: in 10 years, no one has ever complained about it bothering them.
The LED light component has been specifically designed to be trouble-free and effective. The LED light is integrated with the solar-powered battery, and specially sealed to withstand any weather conditions. The solar panels that span the top of the light only need 15 minutes of sunlight per week to operate, and a fully charged battery (6-8 hours of sunlight) will operate the light for 6 nights. The light is guaranteed for its estimated life of two years, though the average lifespan of a light is 4-5 years.
The Water Unit has a 75-yard effective radius and is incredibly effective at deterring geese as it flashed light while also moving with the water. It is maintenance free, satisfaction guaranteed, and comes with a two-year parts warranty.
Features:Protect Your Investment!
- Water based unit disrupts geese sleep patterns causing them to move to another pond.
- The product floats in the water and works at night, 7 days a week.
- Solar power recharges batteries - no changing batteries or running electricity to the site.
- Item has an integrated securing point. Unit uses lithium battery which is integrated onto the board and then coated in a plastic. This is done because of the product being outside constantly. The whole light is replaced when the old light stops working.
- Maintenance free.
- Environmentally safe and effective.
- Amber light is Barely noticeable to the human eye.
- Solves Geese problems quickly!
- Works on line of sight for effective coverage up to 75 years from placement (over 3 1/2 acres).
- AwayWithGeese is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from date of purchase.
Add a 5 Year Protection Plan
For - $69.99
Plan Includes Protection Plan Additional Year(s) Parts & Labor 30 Day Cancellation Unlimited Service Calls Electrical & Mechanical Repairs Accidental Damage Zero Deductible
MFG SKU Number AWGWATER002 Category Pest Traps & Repellents Weight 10 Add Warranties Yes Local Product No Height 27 Depth 27 Width 14
- Shipping & Returns
Small Furniture Shipping Information
Read our complete shipping and delivery policies to learn more.
- Shipping is free for most small furniture products
- These items are typically shipped via UPS or Fed Ex
Returns Information30 DAY MONEY BACK, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Read our complete Returns & Exchanges policy to learn more.
- Covers parts and labor for 5 years
- 30 Day Cancellation: You can cancel your plan within 30 days of purchase and receive back 100% of the purchase price.
- Unlimited Service Calls
- Covers electrical and mechanical repairs
- Accidental Damage Protection
- Materials and workmanship defects