- Product Overview
* All dimensions and weights listed on this product are approximate. Please contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions and weights.Black
DetailsIf you've landed on this cooktop, you either know exactly what you're looking for or you have absolutely no idea. That's okay! You'll learn all you need to know in this description. The
GE PP989DNBBis one of the more unique cooktops out there, as it has its own ventilation system! That means you do not have to purchase or place it under a range hood to expel fumes from your kitchen! The 3-speed downdraft exhaust is located in the center of the cooktop, between the four elements (shown in the photo above). This exhaust system pulls steam and smoke downwards and sends it down through the venting system and out of your home. The diagrams above show a clearer picture.Now that you know the technical aspects that involve the ventilation, here are things that make the
GE PP989DNBBbeneficial to you when cooking. It's a sleek, black, electric smoothtop cooktop that's 30 inches long. With four burners and a "bridge" zone, you can conquer any dish you decide to take on!
On the Cooktop
- Do not feel jipped by a cooktop with just
4 burners, because this one basically has 5! A
bridge elementis created when the two left burners combine with a little heating strip to create one long burner! It's perfect for sauteing green beans or for a griddle pan needed in the creation of pancakes and french toast!
- The slick glass top is easier to clean than other smoothtop ranges. It won't require much scrubbing on your part!
- The controls are up front and center so navigation is easy. Even with the bridge element, which seems confusing to operate, is simple. The knobs are clearly defined, clean cut, and easy to read.
melt optionis available on the back right element, so you can easily melt marshmallows without scalding them. Who doesn't love rice crispy treats?
cooktop is sealedso any disaster can be cleaned up quickly and efficiently. Do not fear the overflowing of liquids across your cabinetry and floors.
front right element features PowerBoiland can change between 6 and 9 inches, to accomodate every pan!
ribbon heating elementsweave around each other beneath the surface to make heat-up times fast and efficient.
- Because no one wants anyone burning their hands, the cooktop comes with a
child lockto avoid terrible mishaps.
surface indicatorlight shines bright to notify you that the cooktop may still be too hot to touch or place anything that isn't cookware on top.
Take note, if you've fallen in love with this amazing cooktop, GE does not recommend trying to install it on your own, even if you're replacing your old cooktop. New ventilation may need to be installed due to the unique nature of the product and it is best to let a professional handle the details. Let Goedeker's be your appliance store. We have the lowest prices and down home customer service. We'll make sure we treat you the way you'd want your mom to be treated.Protect Your Investment!
Add a 5 Year Protection Plan
For - $139.00Add a 3 Year Protection Plan
For - $69.00
Plan Includes Protection Plan Additional Year(s) Parts & Labor 30 Day Cancellation Unlimited Service Calls Electrical & Mechanical Repairs Power Surge Protection No Lemon Guarantee
- Do not feel jipped by a cooktop with just
* All dimensions and weights listed on this product are approximate. Please contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions and weights.
App Filter - Control Type Rotary knobs App Filter - Fuel Type Electric App Filter - Cabinet Width Cooking 30 in. (Standard) App Filter - Cooktop Type Radiant Smoothtop Frameless Yes Color Appearance Black on Black Amp Rating at 240V 40 KW Rating at 240V 9.1 Amp Rating at 208V 40 KW Rating at 208V 6.9 Parts Warranty Limited 1-year entire appliance. Limited 5-year glass cooktop/radiant surface units Labor Warranty Limited 1-year entire appliance Warranty Notes See written warranty for full details UL HVI Overall Height 2 3/16 Cabinet Width 30 Approximate Shipping Weight 60 Overall Depth 22 7/16 Overall Width 29 7/8 Cutout Dimensions (Width x Depth) (In.) 28-7/8 x 20-5/8 Cooktop Size 30 Net Weight 45 Cooktop Surface Patterned Black on Black Glass Ceramic Bridge Element 800W (4400W Total) Element - Right Rear 6" 1500W Element - Right Front 9"/6" 3000W Power Boil Indicator Lights 4 Hot Surface. Surface Element "ON" Control Location Front Center Element - Left Front 7" 1800W Element - Left Rear 7" 1800W CFM/ Sones Rating 330/ 7.5 (High Speed) Cooktop Burner Type Ribbon Control Type Infinite Heat Rotary Cooktop Control Features Control Lock Capability Downdraft Vent Fan Speeds 3
Current RebatesBuy with BrandSource & Save -- Save up to $100!!!Use BrandSource Financing to purchase $999 or more between 11/1/2017 and 12/18/2017 and receive up to $100 in Visa Prepaid cards! Receive a $50 card with a purchase of $999-2,498 and a $100 card with a purchase of $2,499 or more. Just submit online or by mail to save!
Offer only valid on purchase made using the BrandSource Credit Card/Financing.
Apply Now for Brand Source Financing!Valid: 11/01/2017 - 12/18/2017All products are eligible for this rebate!Please Note: It is the responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form(s) and all required documentation by the given postmark date. Goedekers cannot be held responsible if these requirements are not met.
To learn about rebates and other offers as they become available, please sign up for our online newsletter by entering your email address below.
- Shipping & Returns
Appliance Shipping OptionsCurbside DeliveryCurbside delivery is good choice when building or remodeling, because the appliance will not be brought into the residence. The appliance will be delivered to the curb.Curbside Delivery Includes:
**$499 total must be reached in major appliance products. Extended Warranties and Housewares are not included in required price.White Glove DeliveryWith Goedeker’s Exclusive White Glove Delivery, we give you the royal treatment. No one else in our industry offers this much full service and convenience for such a low price.White Glove Delivery Includes:
- Fast and friendly – we only use the best delivery companies
- We deliver to all 48 continental states within the US
- Includes delivery to curb of home with a lift gate truck
- FREE for major appliance orders $499 and up*
- Only $99 for major appliance orders $498.99 and under
White Glove Delivery Does Not Include:
- The product will be brought inside your home into your room of choice +
- We include one flight of stairs (7 steps) in our normal price (please call for 2 or more flights) +
- We will set the unit in your desired place
- We will unbox the product
- Only $99 for major appliance orders $499 and up ** +
- Only $199 for major appliance orders $498.99 and under
**$499 total must be reached in major appliance products. Extended Warranties and Housewares are not included in required price.+ Charges for additional flights of stairs and/or removal of appliance doors, etc. will be collected at the time of delivery.**In some cases a shipping charge may need to be added (depending on your area), or shipping may not be available at all.Read our complete shipping and delivery policies to learn more.
- More than one flight of stairs (7 steps)+
- Removal of doors+
- Removal of boxes or old appliances
- Not available for Vinotemp products
- Delivery will cost $199.99 for built-in refrigeration and 36" ranges instead of the normal rate
Need Installation?Appliance Installation Options:
- For outside the St. Louis area Click Here.
- For local St. Louis area customers please contact our store 636-207-7277.
Returns Information30 DAY MONEY BACK, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Read our complete Returns & Exchanges policy to learn more.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your order, we will exchange it or refund the full purchase price, minus all shipping costs, within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers are responsible for covering all shipping costs unless the product is deemed damaged and noted at the time of delivery.
- We will not take returns of, or exchange products that are damaged, installed, assembled, or used after the customer has taken delivery.
- Please make sure the item you are returning or exchanging is still in the original box with all packing materials, manuals, and accessories included. Returning items is the sole responsibility of the customer. Items damaged upon return cannot be credited to the customer.
- Covers parts and labor for 5 years
- 30 Day Cancellation: You can cancel your plan within 30 days of purchase and receive back 100% of the purchase price.
- Unlimited Service Calls
- Covers electrical and mechanical repairs
- No Lemon Guarantee
- Power Surge Protection