- Product Overview
DetailsHave previous dryers left you disappointed? Did your clothes come out too hot, tangled up, shrunk down, or covered in wrinkles? No longer will these problems be the norm with the
GE GFDR485EFMC electric dryer. This masterpiece with a metallic carbon finish will do more than just look stunning in your laundry room. It will improve clothes drying and streamline laundry day as you know it.
The first thing to note is that this dryer has a spacious
8.3 cu. ft. capacity. Squeeze more clothes into a load, or dry off any large comforters without any hassle. Even though the drum is so vast, an
LED lightwill illuminate the interior so stray socks and other small items won't get left behind. This stainless steel drum will protect your fabrics and resist rust for years to come.
12 dry cyclesavailable on this machine: Normal, Cottons, Bulky, Active Wear, Delicates, Speed Dry, Towels/Sheets, Sanitize, Steam Dewrinkle, Warm Up, Air Fluff, and Time Dry. The Air Fluff cycle is a handy no-heat dry, and the Sanitize cycle has been certified by the National Sanitation Foundation.
You may notice that there is both a Steam Dewrinkle and Steam Refresh on this GE dryer. These both utilize the power of steam, but in slightly different ways. The
Steam Refreshis meant for small loads of lightly worn items, quickly eliminating odors and wrinkles to revive your clothes. Meanwhile, the
Steam Dewrinkletackles loads of any size, restoring wrinkled clothes or items that have been tucked away for a while.
Other settings you may be interested in are Extended Tumble, Damp Alert, and Detangle Assist. The
Detangle Assistis a huge plus because it pauses the cycle and reverses the direction the drum is turning. This will separate items and reduce the chance of wrinkling.
Some additional controls that make using your GE clothes dryer a lot easier are an Add Time button, an adjustable end-of-cycle signal that plays a pleasant tune, a Delay Start that can be set at up to 24 hours, a control lock, and LED indicators such as a cycle countdown and cycle status lights. There is even a customizable My Cycle option!
But the benefits don’t stop at the controls. A
RightHeight built-in pedestalhas been factory installed, contributing to this dryer's ADA Compliant status and preventing you from spending a small fortune on a laundry pedestal. A dryer rack accessory is also included, which you can place inside the drum to allow tumble-free drying for items like shoes or stuffed toys.
The GE GFDR485EFMC dryer delivers high efficiency sensor drying where the temperature and moisture levels are continually monitored to prevent over-drying. That way, everything gets dry fast while using less energy and taking better care of your clothes. This model is Quiet by Design and was even made in America! All in all, you can see it is the total package. Snag the matching GE GFWR4805FMC front load washer as well to really update your laundry space. Find these and other washer and dryer sets for less here at Goedeker's.
- RightHeight Design built-in pedestal: Comfortably load and unload clothes, and use the top as a folding surface, with this factory-installed pedestal
- Detangle Assist: Twisted sheets and comforters are a thing of the past with a setting that pauses and reverses direction to separate items and reduce wrinkling
- Steam Refresh: Rejuvenate lightly worn clothes by getting rid of wrinkles and odors with this convenient setting using the power of steam
- Steam Dewrinkle: Stored or wrinkled clothes come out wrinkle-free with this helpful setting that uses steam to refresh and dry a load of any size
- LED light: Find that last sock in the washer and dryer thanks to a bright, energy-efficient and long lasting LED light
- Stainless steel drum: Resists rust and helps protect clothes
- HE Sensor Dry: Keep your clothes looking and feeling their best. Dual thermistors continually monitor temperature with a sensor bar that measures moisture to prevent over-drying
GE Frontload Dryer PerformanceInfo & Guides
Protect Your Investment!
Add a 5 Year Protection Plan
For - $139.00Add a 3 Year Protection Plan
For - $69.00
Plan Includes Protection Plan Additional Year(s) Parts & Labor 30 Day Cancellation Unlimited Service Calls Electrical & Mechanical Repairs Power Surge Protection No Lemon Guarantee
* All dimensions and weights listed on this product are approximate. Please contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions and weights.
Total Capacity (cubic feet) 8.3 App Filter - Fuel Type Electric App Filter - Pedestal Built In Riser App Filter - Steam Yes App Filter - Product Type Dryers Front Load Matching App Filter - Capacity Dryer Extra Large (7.6 cu. ft. and above) Door Style See-Thru Glass Control Panel Lens Metallic Black Color Appearance Metallic Carbon Handle Chrome Pocket Handle Door Trim/Accents Chrome Accents Volts/Watts/Amps 120/240 V; 5600 W; 25 A; 60Hz or 120/208 V; 4300 W; 23 A; 60Hz Parts Warranty Limited 1-year entire appliance Labor Warranty Limited 1-year entire appliance Warranty Notes See written warranty for full details Quiet Package Quiet-By-Design Optional Dryer Rack Accessory Included ADA Compliant MADE IN AMERICA: 70 to 90% U.S. Content Overall Height 47 Approximate Shipping Weight 188 Overall Depth 34 3/8 Overall Width 28 Net Weight 173 Temperature Options High/Medium/Low/Extra Low/No Heat Additional Optional Cycles Extended Tumble. Damp Alert. Detangle Assist Timed Dry Yes. 90 Minutes Easy Care Cycle Yes - Active Wear Removable Up-Front Lint Filter with reminder light Steam Dewrinkle Yes Flexible Installation Side-by-Side, Built-In,Undercounter Heat Selections 5 Fuel Type Electric Energy Saving Option Yes - eDry and eMonitor Additional Dryer Features Front Serviceable. LED Interior Light. Deluxe Dryer Rack Control Type Rotary-Electronic w/LEDs Dryer Control Features LED Cycle Countdown. Control Lock. Add Time. LED Indicators. Adjustable End-of-Cycle Signal. Delay Start - Up to 24 hours. Clean Lint Filter Reminder Light. LED Cycle Status Lights Dryness Levels Extra Dry. More Dry. Dry. Less Dry. Damp Style Front-Loading Cottons Cycle Yes Number of Cycles 12 Dual Thermistors Yes Reverse-a-Door Yes Speed Dry Yes Built-In Pedestal RightHeight? Custom Cycles Yes - My Cycle Drum Type Stainless Steel Exhaust Options 3-Way (Rear; Left; Right) SteamRefresh Yes Air Fluff (no heat) Yes Delicates Cycle Yes Moisture Sensor HE Sensor Dry Tumble Drying Yes Additional Cycles Normal/Mixed Load. Air Fluff. Delicates. Timed Dry. Bulky/ Bedding. NSF Sanitize. Active Wear. Warm Up. Towels/ Sheets. Speed Dry. Cottons. Steam Dewrinkle. Steam Refresh
Current RebatesBuy with BrandSource & Save -- Save up to $100!!!
Offer only valid on purchase made using the BrandSource Credit Card/Financing.
Apply Now for Brand Source Financing!Valid: 11/01/2017 - 12/18/2017All products are eligible for this rebate!
- Shipping & Returns
Appliance Shipping OptionsCurbside DeliveryCurbside delivery is good choice when building or remodeling, because the appliance will not be brought into the residence. The appliance will be delivered to the curb.Curbside Delivery Includes:
**$499 total must be reached in major appliance products. Extended Warranties and Housewares are not included in required price.White Glove DeliveryWith Goedeker’s Exclusive White Glove Delivery, we give you the royal treatment. No one else in our industry offers this much full service and convenience for such a low price.White Glove Delivery Includes:
- Fast and friendly – we only use the best delivery companies
- We deliver to all 48 continental states within the US
- Includes delivery to curb of home with a lift gate truck
- FREE for major appliance orders $499 and up*
- Only $99 for major appliance orders $498.99 and under
White Glove Delivery Does Not Include:
- The product will be brought inside your home into your room of choice +
- We include one flight of stairs (7 steps) in our normal price (please call for 2 or more flights) +
- We will set the unit in your desired place
- We will unbox the product
- Only $99 for major appliance orders $499 and up ** +
- Only $199 for major appliance orders $498.99 and under
**$499 total must be reached in major appliance products. Extended Warranties and Housewares are not included in required price.+ Charges for additional flights of stairs and/or removal of appliance doors, etc. will be collected at the time of delivery.Read our complete shipping and delivery policies to learn more.
- More than one flight of stairs (7 steps)+
- Removal of doors+
- Removal of boxes or old appliances
- Not available for Vinotemp products
- Delivery will cost $199.99 for built-in refrigeration and 36" ranges instead of the normal rate
Need Installation?Appliance Installation Options:
- For outside the St. Louis area Click Here.
- For local St. Louis area customers please contact our store 636-207-7277.
Returns Information30 DAY MONEY BACK, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Read our complete Returns & Exchanges policy to learn more.
- Covers parts and labor for 5 years
- Unlimited Service Calls
- Covers electrical and mechanical repairs
- No Lemon Guarantee
- Power Surge Protection