- Product Overview
- Durable and Reliable Construction
- Stainless steel endplates reduce outdoor coil corrosion.
- Galvanized zinc coated steel wall sleeve and steel base pan undergo an 11-step preparation process, are powder coated with a polyester finish and cured in an oven for exceptional durability.
- Additional heating element bottom plate above an improved heat shield provides extra thermal protection.
- Additional thermistor on the blower scroll outlet regulates internal temperature.
- Factory run-tested units reduce problems in the field.
- Internal diagnostic program can alert maintenance to component failures or operating problems. Fourteen numeric service error codes stored in memory facilitate rapid unit diagnostics.
- Easy access anti-microbial filters simplify maintenance and extend the life of the product.
- Room freeze protection initiates heat if temperature falls to 40°F in an unoccupied room.
- Random compressor restart protects electrical systems from overload when power is restored.
- Tamper-resistant, anodized stamped aluminum grille withstands chalking and oxidation.
- Break-proof control door design maintains the integrity of the unit.
- Indoor coil frost sensor protects the compressor to lengthen the life of the unit.
- Diamonblue Technology protects the outdoor coil from harsh environments.
- Industry leading warranty features 2 year full warranty on parts and labor and 5 year limited warranty.
- Nationwide service network and U.S.-based Friedrich expert technical team ensures you get fast, knowledgeable service.
- Energy Efficient and Energy Smart
- Super-efficient refrigeration design with 10.4 EER.
- Exceptional FriedrichLink energy management thermostats available (wired and wireless) with integrated occupancy sensor, five distinct energy presets and comprehensive remote management capability.
- Advanced coil design adds more surface area leading to higher efficiencies.
- Thicker steel inner-wall and foam construction decreases thermal transfer and energy loss.
- Electronic temperature limiting to adjust low/high temperature range limits for reduced energy usage.
- Slinger ring technology in condensate removal system cools the coil and increases efficiency.
- Desk control ready to allow hotel owners to control units from a central location.
- Comfort, Health and IAQ
- Dehumidification removes up to 3.1 pints/hour of moisture in cool mode to improve comfort and reduce the chance of mold and mildew growth.
- Constant Fan mode provides constant fan operation in cooling or heating modes to create a steady stream of white noise that masks sound level changes when the compressor cycles on/off.
- Fresh air damper brings in fresh outside air when desired.
- Intuitive unit controls are user friendly with easy-to-read LED display that can show either set-point or actual room temperature as selected by owner.
- Anti-microbial air filters are easy to access and washable.
- Instant Heat on heat pump models quickly heats a room to the desired temperature for increased comfort.
- Even-heat monitoring checks room temperature and automatically adds heat boost if necessary.
- Automatic periodic sampling of room temperature to ensure desired conditions are maintained.
- Reversible indoor air louvers to easily change direction of airflow.
- Ease Of Maintenance and Installation
- Ease of SKU creation as universal heaters with heat capacities are determined by the power cords; can achieve up to 40 PTAC SKUs with 16 units by changing the power cord size.
- Modular product design ensures easy access to key components for cleaning and repairs, including washable, lift-out air filters.
- Remote thermostat pop-out wiring module allows easier wiring and unit change out without rewiring thermostat.
- Compact front is designed to preserve indoor floor space with a depth of 7-3/4 inches.
- Faultless Sure-hold Front Cover System securely attaches the front each time.
- Inner wall service plate provides service access to tangential blower bearing without having to open up the entire inner wall.
- May be installed flush with the floor.
- Sound Reduction Technology
- Two permanently lubricated fan motors for added durability and reduced sound levels indoors.
- Quiet, efficient rotary compressor mounted with vibration isolators to keep the compressor running smoothly and quietly.
- High-density insulation and steel inner wall block outdoor noise.
* All dimensions and weights listed on this product are approximate. Please contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions and weights. MFG SKU Number PDE15R5SG Category Air Conditioners Weight 140 Local Product No Add Warranties Yes Width 42 Depth 21.5 Height 16 Cooling Amps 5.4 Cooling Watts 1390 Heating Capacity 8300 - 17000 Temperature Options Cooling and Heating Energy Star No Control Type Digital Wall Sleeve Included No Heat Electric Heat EER (Energy Efficiency Rating) 10.4 Remote Control No PTAC Yes Plug Type 7-30P ADA Compliant No
Current RebatesPlease Note: It is the responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form(s) and all required documentation by the given postmark date. Goedekers cannot be held responsible if these requirements are not met.
To learn about rebates and other offers as they become available, please sign up for our online newsletter by entering your email address below.
- Shipping & Returns
Housewares Shipping Information
**In some cases a shipping charge may need to be added (depending on your area), or shipping may not be available at all.Read our complete shipping and delivery policies to learn more.
- Shipping is free for select home improvement products
- These products typically ship from our warehouses within 1-3 weeks
- These products are typically shipped via UPS or Fed Ex
Returns InformationThis item is not returnable.