The Whirlpool WTW8600YW 28" top load washer has several innovations to save on energy costs, conserve water, and keep your clothes looking new longer. The Clean Care cycle uses cold water to achieve warm-wash results. This protects your clothes from heat damage, and saves money on your utility bills.
With 4.6 cubic feet in capacity, you can wash up to 3 baskets of laundry in one load. The lid is made of see-through glass, so you can keep an eye on things without stopping the wash cycle. The lid's special hinge ensures a slow and quiet close every time.
This top load washer was built to be environmentally friendly. It is qualified as CEE Tier III by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, which is their top rating for efficiency. The Eco Monitor helps you choose the most appropriate cycle for each load by displaying the overall eco-performance for each option. Choose from 13 wash cycles including the EcoBoost option which increases spin speed while reducing water temperature to reduce overall energy usage.
The Whirlpool WTW8600YW washing machine proves that you don't have to sacrifice quality in order to save on utility costs and help the environment.
- Clean Care cycle
- Using adaptive wash actions together with a concentrated solution of HE detergent and cold water to gently lift stains and soils from fabrics
- The use of cold water to wash like a warm water cycle protects fabrics from heat damage and uses less energy
- EasyView Slow Close glass lid
- A see-through glass lid allows you to look inside and see the wash action while the load is in progress.
- The frameless design gives you a larger viewable area.
- The specially designed hinge keeps the lid from slamming shut, helping to protect fingers and unwanted noise.
- Active Wear Cycle
- Provides extra care for performance garments like running and biking clothes.
- 4.6 cu. ft. capacity
- Wash up to 3 baskets of laundry in a single load.
- The 4.6 cu. ft. capacity wash basket adapts to both large and small loads for optimal fabric care.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Meets government standards to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills.
- Eco Monitor
- The Eco Monitor allows you to see the eco-friendliness of each cycle or option you choose.
- The display rates energy use to show your overall eco-performance.
- EcoBoost option
- Get additional energy efficiency without giving up cleaning performance.
- This option lowers a wash cycle's overall energy use by reducing water temperature and increasing spin speed (on select models).
- CEE Tier III Qualified
- Based on the Consortium for Energy Efficiency qualified product listings--with Tier III being the most efficient.
- This model features advanced water & energy savings and may qualify for rebates from local utility companies.
- Unique Soft-Touch Impeller
- The unique soft-touch impeller helps move clothes gently through the water allowing the H2Low wash system to provide better cleaning performance and gentle fabric care.
- To protect fabrics and fibers during the wash cycle, a specially designed material fully wraps the impeller vanes.
- H2Low wash system
- Delivers better cleaning performance and gentleness.
- The Industry-exclusive technology of the H2Low wash system includes the unique soft-touch impeller, floating basket technology and circulation spray provides optimal cleaning using less water and additives than a traditional top load washer.
- Precision Dispense
- Senses and adapts to each load, adding detergent, bleach or fabric softener at just the right time.
- A concentrated burst of detergent showers directly onto clothes to penetrate stains and pretreat soils.
- Quiet Spin technology
- Quiet Spin technology offers a unique suspension system that senses and adapts to each load, making upper-floor installation possible.
- Direct Drive Motor
- The direct drive motor tumbles larger capacity loads, enhances the spin speed for improved energy savings and uses fewer moving parts so there's less wear and tear over time.
- Quick Wash Cycle
- Clean small, lightly soiled loads in less time.
- Plus, increased spin speeds extract more water for faster dry times.
Dimensions & Weights
|Gross Weight:||175 lbs.|
|Capacity:||4.6 Cu. Ft.|
|Drum Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Drive System:||Direct Drive, Infinite Speed Motor System|
|Wash Motor:||BPM Direct Drive 1/2 HP|
|Lid:||See-through Glass Window|
|Max Spin Speed:||1100|
|Number of Spin Speeds:||3|
|Detergent Dispenser:||Automatic Detergent Dispenser|
|Bleach Dispenser:||Timed Bleach Dispenser|
|Number of Cycles:||13|
|Clean Washer:||Clean Washer with Affresh|
|Extra Rinse:||Extra Rinse|
|Delay Start:||10 Hour|
|Temperature Control:||Automatic Temperature Control|
|Number of Temperatures:||4|
|Hot / Cold:||Hot / Cold (ATC)|
|Warm / Cold:||Warm/Cold (ATC)|
|Cool / Cold:||Cool / Cold (ATC)|
|Number of Soil Levels:||4|
Receive up to a $675 Prepaid Mastercard on the purchase of qualifying Whirlpool appliances!
Mail-In Envelope must be postmarked no later than June 27, 2013. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentation by the given postmark date.
Valid: 05/19/13 - 05/28/13
Review Title: VERY DISAPPOINTED | Review by Ike the repairm
Review Title: Customer for life | Review by Jay
Review Title: Great for the Active Family | Review by Staff