With the GE PP945SMSS 30" Smoothtop Electric Cooktop, 4 ribbon heating elements produce a quick, even amount of heat beneath the glass. A tri-ring element provides a 6-inch, 9-inch,and 12-inch heating surface adjustable for different size pans. A dual-ring PowerBoil Burner provides a higher wattage heat output to a 5-inch or 8-inch surface area to make speed boiling easy.
The Precise Digital Control System reduces temperature variation and ensures even heating. Control a gentle heat needed for some dishes or candies with the melt and simmer options. The electronic touch controls are flush with the surface giving your electric cooktop an elegant look. The smooth black surface is easy to clean and creates a classic look finished by the stainless steel trim.
GE PP945SMSS electric cooktop includes Control Lock which protects against accidental activation. Other safety measures include Hot Surface Indicator Lights and a Heating Element "On" Light.
- Key Features
- Electronic Touch Controls - Replace traditional knob controls with digital buttons that are precise and easy to use and clean.
- Control Lock Capability - Provides the ability to lock the cooktop's controls, helping protect from unintended activation.
- Ribbon Heating Elements - Provide powerful heat beneath a smooth glass surface to ensure even heat and fast warm-up times.
- 12"/9"/6" Tri-Ring Element - Offers a convenient choice depending on the size of the pan.
- 5"/8" PowerBoil Element - Provides higher wattage to speed boiling process.
- Hot Surface Indicator Lights - Illuminate when the cooking surface is active and hot, adding convenience and safe caution.
- Heating Element "On" Light - Illuminates when the cooking surface is activated.
- Installation Notes
- Requires a 5" free area between the bottom of the cooktop to any combustible material. - Free area not required when installing over a wall oven. - Refer to installation instructions.
- Approved for use over GE 30" and 27" single wall ovens and warming drawers. - Refer to wall oven and cooktop installation instructions packed with product for current dimensional data.
- When replacing an old GE 30" cooktop (with larger opening), use the one piece trim kit (JXTR32 - available at an additional cost) to fill in the over-size hole.
|Overall Width:||29 7/8"|
|Overall Depth:||21 1/2"|
|Overall Height:||3 1/4"|
|Cutout Width:||28 1/2"|
|Cutout Depth:||19 5/8"|
|Minimum Front Counter Clearance:||2 1/2"|
|Ceramic Glass Surface:||Pattern Black|
|Number of Elements:||4 Ribbon|
|12"/9"/6" Tri-Ring Element:||1 @ 3000W|
|9"/12" Dual Heating Element:||No|
|6"/9" Dual Heating Element:||No|
|5"/8" Dual Heating Element:||1 PowerBoil @ 2400W|
|8" Heating Elements:||No|
|7" Heating Elements:||No|
|6" Heating Elements:||2 @ 1200W|
|6" Warming Zone:||No|
|Hot Surface Indicator Lights:||4|
|Precise Digital Control System:||No|
|Pan Presence Sensor:||No|
|Pan Size Sensor:||No|
|Control Lock Capability:||Yes|
|Available Colors:||Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BB), White (WW)|
|Frameless:||White and Black Models|
|Stainless Steel Frame:||Stainless Model|
|KW Rating @ 240V:||7.8KW|
|KW Rating @ 208V:||5.9KW|
|Amps @ 240V:||40Amps|
|Amps @ 208V:||30Amps|
- Receive up to a $750 GE Visa Prepaid Card by mail with purchase of select GE Profile Kitchen Appliances!
Envelope must be postmarked by August 8, 2013. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentation by the given postmark date.
Valid: 05/02/13 - 07/10/13
Review Title: High quality good looks | Review by Rajiv
Review Title: clean lines | Review by phyllis